SoCo 0.14 release notes¶
SoCo 0.14 is a new version of the SoCo library. This release adds new features and fixes several bugs.
SoCo (Sonos Controller) is a simple Python class that allows you to programmatically control Sonos speakers.
New Features and Improvements¶
- Add support for Sonos favorites, which can now be browsed and played through the usual methods. (#478)
- Revised the play_local_files examples including a off-by-one bug fix, configuration as command line argument, IP address auto detection and more robust Sonos player selection. (#570)
- Allow keyword arguments in Service commands (#573)
- Handle QueueID properly in event xml. (#546)
- Further documentation updates (#540, #569)
- Small bugfix to stop an error where
Nonewould be returned by
metadata.findtext. Instead, an empty string is returned. (#539)
- Fix a race that could lead to events being missed shortly after a subscription was started. (#533)
- Don’t throw exceptions when parsing metadata with missing/empty tags, to fix event errors. (#467)